Sunday, November 15, 2009

just a taste

something i wrote awhile back... just an idea to anyone that sees this of what random posts will be mixed in with everyday posts on my blog.....

would you be running into the dark? Or would you consider it running away from the light? For me its kind of both. I love running at night. Especially if i had a rather stress filled day. I dont actually have a reason for running. I just run. I will run all night until morning. When morning starts to come thats when it gets interesting. I run straight west! The whole time i'm running i'm wishing that somehow i would be able to catch the earlier sunset in front of me. Somehow i could reach the day before and redo something. Mainly i'm running away. I'm running from the haunting light that everyone so conveniently calls the "sun". I'm running away from the next day because i simply dont want to face it. I run faster and faster. My feet keep moving but as far as my task goes, i gain no ground. Still i try harder, and harder. The sun behind me teasing me with "new beginnings". I wont fall for it this time sun. i'm getting away from you. I never do. I run past the seemingly empty houses. I run past the streetlights still on, not realizing that there work shift is over now.
I dont look back, in the world i've created where looking back would be looking forward. I will never look back. From the good ol' days of track. The coach would always say " dont look back, your opponent will gain more ground." Well here we go sun. It's you and me. your my opponent from a rival school. and endless sidewalk is my old beat up cinder track. i'll run this race with the intention of winning. I'll run and i'll run. Ill feel accomplished the whole time along the way. but just as i never felt fullfilled on that endless circle in track, i will not feel fulfilled now.
At this point the sky around me will go from black to blue. Then it will continue onto the orangish-blue and finally here comes my bully. Here is the sun to ruin this perfect night that i had made last so long. Here it is to bring on the damn new day.
well the sun is up. I guess i should start walking instead of running now. I've gotta save my strength. The next leg of the race starts in about 12 hours


hope you like it,
travelling resident

No comments:

Post a Comment